Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University ProgramI. Eligibility
1. Must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health；
2. The requirements on academic background and age:
●Any applicant for a master’s degree must be a bachelor’s degree holder under (or at) the age of 35;
●Any applicant for a doctoral degree must be a master’s degree holder under (or at) the age of 40;
II. Application Materials (in duplicate):
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English)
You should register at the CSC Online Application System for International Students and submit application information. After submission of the information, please print a copy of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship generated automatically by the system, affix you own signature and photo (size: 35mmx45mm);
2. Notarized highest diploma. In case of a currently enrolled student, you must submit a certificate issued by your current school to prove your current student status. Any text prepared in any language other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
3. Academic transcripts. Any text prepared in any language other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal written in Chinese or English (not less than 800 Chinese characters/words);
5. Reference letters. Reference letters in Chinese or English by two professors or associate professors;
6. A CD of your own works. Any applicant for music major is required to submit a CD containing your own works; any applicant for fine arts is required to submit a CD containing two sketches, two color paintings and two other works drawn by the applicant;
7. A Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. and fill it in English. The applicant should go through physical examination in strict accordance with the items required in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The Form will be considered as invalid in case of incomplete forms, or forms without a sealed photo of the applicant, or the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital. And the examination result will be valid for six months;8. A copy of HSK Score Report (if available).Please attach a copy of the report with the application materials;
9. A copy of passport.
III. Admission and Notification
1. The SCU is responsible for auditing the application materials, and determining the candidates;
2. After being reviewed and approved qualified by the CSC, the candidates can get the Chinese Government Scholarship to study inChina;
3. Each scholarship recipient will only be subsidized by one scholarship program. As for any scholarship applicant who has been admitted by several universities simultaneously, CSC will reserve the scholarship status of only one university/college for the applicant;
4. The CSC will send Admission List, Admission Letter, and Visa Application for Study in China (Form JW201) to the SCU before June 30
, and then the SCU will deliver them to the applicants concerned;
5. After coming toChina, scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their original host universities, majors and durations of study;
6. As for any applicant who fails to study inChinabefore the deadline of admission, the scholarship status will not be reserved.
Confucius Institute Scholarship
I. Category & Eligibility
The Categories of Confucius Institute Scholarships include:
Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students
Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35, and in good health condition (the age limit for any applicant holding a Chinese language teaching position can be raised to 45, and that for any undergraduate applicant is 20).
1. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 2 academic years. Applicants should own a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 5), and a minimum score of 50 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level). Any applicant who is able to provide an employment agreement or certification upon finishing the study from a designated educational institution is preferred.
2. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 11 months. Application is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK Test. International students currently studying in China are not eligible for the scholarship. Applicants should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK Test (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicants should hold a minimum score of 180 in BCT (A), and a minimum score of 180 BCT (Speaking).
3. Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
This category provides a sponsorship for 5 months. Applicants should have no prior experience of studying in China, have a minimum score of 120 in HSK Test (Level 2), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicants should have a minimum score of 100 in BCT (A), and a minimum score of 120 in BCT (Speaking).
II. Scholarship Coverage, Criteria and Academic Assessment
The host institutions will provide scholarship students with free dormitory rooms. For those who live off campus with the permission of host institutions are entitled to a monthly accommodation allowance from host institutions. The allowance criterion is CNY 700 per person on a monthly basis.
Living allowance is granted by the host institutions on a monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are:
One-Academic-Year Study, One-Semester Study: CNY 2,500 per month
MTCSOL: CNY 3,000 per month
Enrollment status is based on the semesters of host institutions. The students who are enrolled before (or on) the 15th of the admission month, are entitled to the full allowance of that month. The students, who are enrolled after the 15th of that month, are only entitled to half of the allowance. The living allowance for the month of graduation will be granted for the half month upon confirming the graduation status by host institutions. During the study, for any student who is absent from China due to personal reasons for more than 15 days (excluding legal holidays), the living allowance will be suspended during the absence. And the allowance will be terminated in case of schooling suspension or dropping out for personal reasons.
Comprehensive medical insurance premium is purchased by the host institutions in accordance to relevant regulations on international students stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China. The insurance premium per person is CNY 800 per year.
All degree scholarship program applicants are subject to annual academic performance review. Only those who have achieved outstanding records in academic and Chinese language proficiency are entitled to a full scholarship for the following year; those who achieve average academic records are entitled to partial scholarships; the others will not be entitled to scholarship any longer. Partial scholarships consist of tuition fee, accommodation fee and comprehensive medical insurance premium. The One-Academic-Year Study and One-Semester Study programmers are required to attend Chinese language proficiency test before graduation. Test fee will be reimbursed by host institutions.
Chengdu Government Sister-Cities Scholarships, offered by Chengdu Municipal Government, are intended to attract more foreign students to study in Chengdu.
Chengdu Government Sister-Cities Scholarship
1. Applicants should be foreign students from sister-cities of Chengdu, who are friendly toChinaand in good health.
2. Applicants should observe the laws and regulations of Chinese Government, behave well and meet the admission requirements of host universities.
3. Requirements on academic background and age
① Any applicant for a doctoral degree must be under (or at) the age of 40 and have a master's degree or equivalent education level.
② Any applicant for a master's degree must be under (or at) the age of 35 and have a bachelor's degree or equivalent education level.
③ Any applicant for a undergraduate or 3-year college program, must be under (or at) the age of 25 and have a high school diploma or an equivalent certificate.
④ Any applicant for a non-degree education program should study in Chengdu for at least three months, and he/she must meet the relevant requirements of the program.
⑤ The age limits can be relaxed appropriately for exceptionally distinguished applicants.
4. Applicants should have correct attitude towards study, have no infringement of school rules, and have achieved excellent academic results.
5. The foreign students who have been granted with Sichuan Provincial Government Scholarship for Foreign Students are not entitled to apply for Chengdu Government Sister-Cities Scholarship any more.
1. Doctoral student: CNY 30,000/academic year and the duration shall not exceed 3 academic years.
2. Master’s student: CNY 25,000/academic year and the duration shall not exceed 3 academic years.
3. Undergraduate student: CNY 20,000/academic year and the duration shall not exceed 3 academic years.
4. Exchange student for non-degree education program：CNY 1,000/person/month (The aggregate shall not exceed CNY 10,000/person, and will be granted at one time. The scholarship can’t be applied for repeatedly during the 3 years starting from the year when it is granted to the applicant).
III. Application Deadline
1. Degree students should lodge their applications in each spring semester. Deadline: June 30th. And the students will be granted with scholarships in fall semester if their applications have been approved.
2. Non-degree students should lodge their applications during in either spring or fall semester. Application deadline in spring semester: June 30th; application deadline in fall semester: December 30th. And the students will be granted with scholarships the next semester if their applications have been approved.