Confucius Institute ScholarshipDHU has been appointed to accept international students with Confucius Institute Scholarships for one-academic-year/one-semester/four-week study.
uCategory and Eligibility
All applicants shall be: Non-Chinese citizens; In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally; Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language; Between the ages of 16 to 35 on Sept. 1st, 2019.
?Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
Commences September 2019 and attend General Chinese Program A. This category provides scholarship of maximum 11 months. Applicants currently studying in China are not eligible. Applicants of Chinese Language Study shall have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Level 3, while HSKK test score required. Applicants of Chinese Language and Literature shall have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Level 4 and 60 in HSKK test (intermediate level).
?Scholarship for One-Semester Study
Commences either in September 2019 or March 2020 and attend General Chinese Program A. This category provides scholarship of maximum 5 months. Applicants holding visas X1 or X2 are not eligible. Applicants of Chinese Language and Literature shall have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Level 3, while HSKK test score required.
?Scholarship for Four-week Study
Commences either in July or December of 2019 and attend ‘Chinese Language plus home Stay Experience in Chinese Family’ Program. This category provides a four-week scholarship. Applicants holding visas X1 or X2 are not eligible. Organized and applied by a Confucius Institue with 10-15 participants per group. Piror to the trip, a detailed study plan shall be made after consultation with DHU and submit to Hanban for approval. HSK test scores are required.
uScholarship Coverage and Criteria
?Full scholarship: full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (CNY 2500/month, four-week study students are excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
uApplication & Admission
?Online registration will be available from March 1st, 2019 on the Confucius Institute Scholarship website (http://cis.chinese.cn). Please upload application materials online, including a scanned copy of passport photo page, a scanned copf of score reports of HSK and HSKK test (within the two-year validity), a recommendation letter by the head of recommending institutions, track the application progress, feedback of review and admission results. Scholarship holders need to confirm with the host institutions to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out CIS scholarship certificate online, and register at host institutions at the designated date and time as per the letter of admission.
Shanghai Government Scholarship
1. Applicable Programs:
(1) Chinese-taught Bachelor’s Programs (except B.A. in Chinese Language)
(2) Master’s degree programs except International Business (MIB)
(3) Doctoral degree programs
2. Scholarship Coverage:
——Full Scholarship (Type A):
(1) a waiver of tuition fee
(2) free on-campus dormitory accommodation
(3) monthly stipend (bachelor's programs: 2500; master's programs: CNY 3000; doctoral programs: CNY3500)
(4) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
——Partial Scholarship (Type B):
(1) a waiver of tuition fee
(2) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
3. Schooling & Duration:
(1) Bachelor's degree programs: 4 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study).
(2) Master’s degree programs: 2.5-3 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study)
(3) Doctoral degree programs: 4 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study)
The actual scholarship duration is subject to the information on Admission Notice, which cannot be extended in general.
4. Applicant Eligibility：
(1) Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
(2) Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
(3) Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs.
(4) Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when apply for bachelor's programs
(5) Be excellent in academic and extra-curricular performance and yet not be rewarded any other scholarships offered by government, institutes or organizations in China.
West Yan'an Road 200051 Shanghai,China