2019 Undergraduate Programs
Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Language (concentration: economics/trade)；Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Language (concentration: international education),
School of Economics and Management
Engineering Management；Information Management & Information Systems；Logistics Management；Marketing；Accounting；Administration Management；International Economics & Trade；Finance
College of Architecture and Urban Planning
Architecture(5 years)； Historic Building Protection Engineering；Urban Planning(5 years)；Landscape Studies
College of Design and Innovation
Visual Communication Design；Environmental Design；Product Design；Industrial Design
College of Arts and Media
Advertising；Broadcast & Television Journalism; Broadcast & TV Directing; Animation; Music performance；Performance
College of Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering；Geological Engineering；Port Channel & Coast Engineering
College of Geographic Information and Surveying
Surveying and Mapping Engineering
College of Transportation Engineering
Traffic Engineering；Transportation & Communication；Logistics Engineering
College of Mechanical Engineering
Architectural Environment & Equipment; Thermal Energy & Dynamic Engineering；Machinery Design & Manufacturing & Automation; Industrial Engineering
College of Automotive Studies
Vehicle Engineering(5 years)
College of Environmental Science and Engineering
Environmental Engineering；Water Supply & Sewerage Engineering；Environmental Science
College of Material Science and Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
School of Electronics and Information Engineering
Computer Science and Technology；Information Security ; Electrical Engineering & Automation；Automation；Electronic Information Engineering; Communication Engineering；Electronics Science and Technology
School of Software Engineering
Department of Mathematics
Mathematics & Applied Mathematics；Statistics
Department of Chemistry
Applied Chemistry；Chemical Engineering & Technology
School of Physics Science and Engineering
Applied Physics; Light information science and technology
School of Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mechanics
Engineering Mechanics；Flight vehicle manufacture project;
School of Ocean and Earth Science
Geology；Geophysics；Exploitation Technologies for the Utilization of Marine Resources
School of Foreign Languages
School of Political Science & International Relations
Politics &Administration; Sociology
School of Humanities
Philosophy; Chinese literature; Culture Industry Management
School of Medicine
Clinical Medicine(5 years) ; Rehabilitation Medicine
School of Stomatology
Stomatology (5 years)
College of Life Sciences and Technology
Biological Technology; Biological Information
Sino-German College of Applied Science
Mechatronic Engineering；Automotive Engineering & After-Sales Services; Building Services Engineering
International College of Football
1. Application Form for International Students of Tongji University
2. A photocopy of passport (personal information page).
3. High school graduation certificate. If the certificate is not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated versions must be submitted.
* The certificate should be notarized by local Chinese Embassy or local Chinese Consulates (or foreign embassies or consulates in China).
Certificate of expected graduation issued by senior high school (for applicants who will be graduating from senior high school before July only). Senior high school diploma is required to be verified and notarized documents must be submitted at the registration.
4. Original or notarized transcript of senior high school. If the transcript is not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated versions must be submitted.
* The transcript should be notarized by local Chinese Embassy or local Chinese Consulates (or foreign embassies or consulates in China).
5. The copy of New HSK Band 4 certificate (Total Score: over 180 for the programs of Science and engineering).
The copy of New HSK Band 4 certificate (Total Score: over 200 for the programs of Architecture, Management & Economics and Medicine).
The copy of New HSK Band 5 certificate (Total Score: over 180 for the program of Liberal Arts and Arts Department).
* The applicants for the majors:Architecture, Urban Planning,Landscape Studies, Visual Communication Design, Enviornment Design, Industry Design, Product Design must submit 3 paintings (2 sketches and 1 watercolor).
6. Requirement for freshmen (Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Language): Copy of certificate of New HSK Band 3 (Total Score: over 180);
Those who applying for bachelor’s degree majoring Chinese language possessing New HSK Band 4 (Total Score: over 210) and having one year Chinese study experience, passing the placement test can start from Grade 2, and those who possessing New HSK Band 5 (Total Score: over 210) and having two-year Chinese-study experience, passing the placement test can start from Grade 3.
7. Other auxiliary supporting materials (such as award certificates, foreign entrance examination transcripts, university admission notice, etc.)
* In addition to the above application materials, the university may require applicant to provide supplementary materials, depending on the circumstances. The application fee is nonrefundable. Application documents will not be returned.
Admission and Registration
1. Please follow your application process in the Apply Online System. Once you were admitted by Tongji, the admission status will change. The admission notice and Visa Application Form (JW202) will be sent in late June or the beginning of July.
2. The admitted applicants should bring their Passport, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form (JW202) to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China, and apply for a student visa. Students shall come to Tongji University for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice.
3. The first academic year is the probation period for all the undergraduates. Those who will be dismissed and will be unable to continue their studies for the second year if their failed course credits summed up by 25 or their credits cannot meet the requirements by the respective schools.
4. Students who submit their expected graduation certificate during application should submit their official graduation certificate during registration.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship
2. Shanghai Government Scholarship
1239 Siping Road, Shanghai, P.R. China