Chinese Government Scholarship—Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by MOE in accordance with educational exchange agreements or MOUs between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
Introduction of CGS in DUFL
1. Supporting Categories
Dalian University of Foreign Languages can accept general scholars, undergraduate students and master’s students. For more information, please contact the Chinese embassies in your country. Dalian University of Foreign Languages cannot accept applicants’ materials directly.
2. Duration and Instruction Language Supporting Categories
Values of Scholarship
1.Full scholarship covers
-tuition waiver, accommodation (on campus and double room)
2. Partial scholarship covers one or some of the full scholarship items.
Apply and Deadline
Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study in your home country between January and early April. Please consult the dispatching authorities for the specific deadline of each year.
To be eligible, applicants must:
-be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of
-be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
-be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
1.Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study in your home country for CGS opportunity. It is your own responsibility to consult the dispatching authorities for details and requirements of Bilateral Program in your country and make sure you are eligible for the scholarship.
2.Apply to your target university for Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for CGS Candidate).
3. Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy.
4.Submit all your application documents to the dispatching authorities in your home country before the deadline. You can check 6. Application Documents for a detailed checklist.
5. Only applications of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study in your home country for Instructions of CSC Online Application System for International Students and Agency Number.
Application Documents (in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（written in Chinese or English）;
Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy.
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy). Prospective diploma winners must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English). Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English). This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for graduate students.
5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English).Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professor or associate professor.
6. Valid documents of your legal guardians in
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in
8. Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university (if available).
9.Valid HSK Certificate (if available).
NOTE : All the documents should be bound together on top left corner in order. You should submit TWO sets of bound documents. No application documents will be returned.
Placement & Scholarship Confirmation
1. Application documents of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Candidates who are turned down by universities will not be granted with scholarship. CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
3. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Winners. Each scholarship winner will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
4.The diplomatic missions will send the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the dispatching authorities or scholarship winners before July 31st.
5. Scholarship winners shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship winner cannot register before the registration deadline.
No. 6, West Section of Lushun South Road, Dalian,Liaoning Province, China